Wednesday, September 9, 2020

stuff happened, and a bit confession

 

artwork by ๆไป็„กๅŒ (@annninnmusou) 
it's deleted for some reason

I'm sorry for disappearing for such a long time. This and that happened, and then it's already 2020. 

The truth is, if you already noticed, my translation is basically an MTL (Machine Translation) since I didn't have any proper japanese language studies. Some of you might notice it, but if you didn't, that's because I spent many hours of checking words by words using different translator and sometimes even changed the lines completely based on the context. 

Worse yet, I translated Kagerou LN from pirated scanlation. Yes, it exist, but by now the links probably is dead. I dived into japanese websites and looked for any Kagerou LN I could get, and fortunately, I got all of them (the last volume is blurred so much though, i doubt i can translate it). So I kinda feel guilty about it. 

But here's the problem. The scanlation (yes, it's picture, not text) is somewhat blurry. The example of it were the last part of the last chapter on the first volume. It's blurred beyond recognition so I really don't know what it was. The second volume is also blurry so when I tried to translate it, it took much more time than the first volume since it's kinda clear. 

So I thought, 'I should buy the original novel then, I mean, there's also the electronic book version so that will be easier to translate,' but sadly, I'm so poor that I can't afford to buy them. Well, at least I can get the trial version. It's only several pages of the first chapter though. 

And lately, I've got nothing to do and kinda lonely so I want to translate it again. Oh and also I probably will also translate some web novel, but into Indonesian, since it's kinda easier for me. (I'm Indonesian btw)

Oh also, I played Arknights. It's fun.

For now, that's what I want to say.

Until next time then. 

No comments:

Post a Comment